- Professional ship and cargo tracking with enhanced satellite AIS data
- Position of every ship updated every 10 minutes
- Automatic detection and tracking of Doppelgangers
- Up 17-fold improvement in accuracy compared to raw AIS
- Future location prediction several hours into the future
- Add-ons: Real time reports and alerts customized for you
- Starting from € 45.- per month
The GeoService TimeCaster from Maerospace provides a real-time feed of enhanced AIS satellite data. The default AIS source are data from Spacequest. Other terrestrial or satellite AIS sources can be integrated on request. If you need historical data sets, choose our unique "AIS History Service".
Professionals in commodity trading, insurance and logistics can get ahead of their competition by using the most current and accurate information about the movements of ships, or ship traffic within a port or region. Our flexible pricing scheme makes the service affordable for businesses of any size. You can track a few ships, a fleet or all ships, monitor a port or region only or go for a global solution. You can maximize flexibility by booking monthly or minimize cost by purchasing a yearly subscription.
Off the shelf
This reliable real-time maritime information gives commodity traders in the oil and gas business, fleet owners and operators, environmental agencies, finance industry and marine insurance companies piece of mind with accurate location of highly valuable assets and cargo on the sea.
Benefit from TimeCasted AIS data in standard configuration:
- Know ship arrivals in advance and verify other sources such as crew reporting
- Predict where a ship will be in the near future
- Discover if a ship is making unauthorized port calls
- Maintain compliance with Marine Insurance covenant
- Track in real-time own and/or competitor’s fleet
- Identify when a ship is attempting to hide by disabling its AIS
Simplify your ship and cargo tracking with advanced configurations of TimeCaster:
- If you do not want to deal with cryptic AIS messages, ask us about subscriptions to customized reports.
- If you need to use data from multiple AIS sources, we can fuse them for you and TimeCast the aggregated stream.
More accurate and less ambiguous AIS data with TimeCaster
TimeCasted data increase maritime awareness, since they are more accurate than raw imagery and less ambiguous due to Doppelganger indentification. Raw AIS data provides average accuracy with errors of over 100 nautical miles because each ship position can take many hours to update. TimeCaster provides 10-minute position updates for every ship with an accuracy of 10-30 miles so you always know where the ship is now. Every day around 9.000 identity codes (MMSI numbers) are used by more than one ship, either by chance or on purpose. TimeCaster resolves this problem by tracking each ship separately even if another ship is sharing the same MMSI.
Based on the real-time AIS data the TimeCaster service predicts the current and future positions of all ships globally as of a common time (“now” or in the near future).
- Improved accuracy: TimeCaster improves accuracy of the actual and predicted ship positions by 4 to 17X compared to raw satellite and terrestrial AIS data. Raw AIS data position errors range from 75 - 160 nmi, while TimeCaster increases the accuracy to 10-30 nmi through the predictive analytics algorithms.
- 10-Minute position updates on all ships globally: The service updates every ship position every 10 minutes. Other technologies only provide positions with an average age of 2+ hours and with age spreads ranging 10 minutes to more than 24 hours. TimeCaster also predicts all ship positions several hours into the future.
- Less ambiguous: The service automatically detects, tracks and predicts locations for Doppelgangers. Doppelgangers present a significant issue: 9,000+ MMSI’s (i.e. ship identity numbers) are used by more than one ship every day. The existence of a Doppelganger can cause a ship to disappear from a display, makes the static (e.g. name, IMO number) and voyage (e.g. destination) data ambiguous and makes track histories unreliable.
- Easy to integrate: TimeCaster provides a data stream that can directly feed your existing display and analytics systems. It supports NMEA4, OTH-Gold or customized data interface standards.
- Optional alerts: You can receive alerts for ships that stop transmitting for an unusually long time.
Beyond the standard options individual product configurations are possible. Our GeoExperts are standing by to optimize the product configuration according to your needs. Just contact us.
- Fleet reports and alerts can be configured to simplify the usage of this advanced AIS data
- Special services designed for oil trading are available
- Additional AIS streams can be integrated
- External usage can be granted at additional costs
- TimeCaster AIS data can be combined with optical or SAR satellite imagery from CloudEO for increased maritime situation awareness
Pricing / Licensing
The pricing is based on the configuration of the service, the length of the subscription period and the selected live feed package. The minimum price is € 45.- for one month. Access for the selected subscription period is granted to TimeCaster in standard configuration to one named user and is valid for internal usage. CloudEO Terms & Conditions apply.