- Global elevation product
- Resolution: 90 m
- Entirely void-free and reliable data immediately available
- Based on worldwide homogenous SRTM data
- Improved quality through advanced processing methods
- Price: € 0.018 per sqkm
PlanetObserver presents PlanetDEM 90, a global Digital Elevation Model (DEM) that offers reliable, seamless and accurate data with 90-meter resolution for the Earth’s entire land surface.
Easy to use for everyone who needs a quick and reliable overview on the terrain. The product is most cost efficient and available with permanent or time licenses. Just choose your preferred subscription period below.
Off the shelf
PlanetDEM 30 Plus provides reliable elevation data worldwide. It is a multi-source elevation product processed from SRTM data (Shuttle Radar Topography Mission) version 4.1, corrected and completed with many other source data (cartographic, etc.). PlanetObserver has compiled and extensively reprocessed those input data in order to offer a comprehensive global DEM at 90-meter resolution offering precise, corrected and detailed information for the entire Earth. PlanetDEM 90 is a major reference elevation dataset, perfect for many solutions:
- 3D simulation and visualization applications
- Satellite imagery orthorectification
- Creation of embedded database, particularly for the Defense industry
- Geological surveys
- Global: full coverage of the planet
- Corrected: combination of SRTM v4.1 data corrected with cartographic data
- Reliable: product assessed by engineering departments of National Cartographic Institutes
- Entirely void-free product
- Available off-the-shelf immediately in professional file formats (GeoTiff and DTED1)
- Source: SRTM v4.1 data corrected and completed with cartographic sources
- Resolution: 90 m
- Coverage: global
- Projection: geographic WGS 84
- File format: GeoTiff, DTED1
- Total data size: 173 GB in GeoTiff, 125 GB in DTED1
The product is used by many companies, as Airbus Helicopters, Airbus Defence & Space, BRGM (French Geological Survey), CNES (French Space Agency), ESA, Meteo France (French Meteorological Institute), RapidEye, Thales, Vizrt
Beyond the standard options individual product configurations are possible. Our GeoExperts are standing by to optimize the product configuration according to your needs. Just contact us.
- For time licences a CloudEO Workbench is required. The workbench is not included in the calculated price. It can be ordered here: CloudEO Workbench.
- Volume discounts for larger areas, especially for continent subsets or global data sets are available.
- At a small surcharge enterprise licences for multiple users within and across organisations are available.
- External usage can be granted at additional costs.
Pricing / Licensing
The pricing is based on the size of the selected area, the length of the subscription period and the number of accounts. The minimum order value is € 18.- . The calculated price covers the use according to the base license of PlanetObserver and is for internal use for up to 5 users. Discounts for academia can be granted.