- Use raw and calibrated Landsat-8 imagery easier and faster
- Select a scene and retrieve geo- and biophysical indices
- Understand vegetation, water, soil and mineral phenomenology
- Avoid time-consuming data search, download and pre-processing
- Start as low as 10 € (excl. VAT)
The GeoService L8GENESIS from Exogenesis provides for a selected area and for each selected Landsat-8 scene layer stacked raw and calibrated Landsat-8 data. Dependent on the selected options these foundation data come together with a most comprehensive set of spectral indices for immediate use in any remote sensing or GIS software. They support business decisions in each of the four phenomenology domains: hydrological, vegetation, geological and impervious.
GIS professionals of all companies and agencies in need of easily accessible, reliable and affordable information from remote sensing, will benefit from this service. L8GENESIS removes all the hassle of handling raw data and time-consuming pre-processing. Instead it delivers easy to use thematic maps indicating for example vegetation health, soil degradation, mineral content of the land surface or the extent of impervious areas within a few minutes.
Select below Landsat-8 scenes and order your L8GENESIS analysis. You will be able to download the results shortly after from your user profile. If you like to monitor changes over a certain area over the next months, please refer to L8GENESIS - Monitor.
No matter if you need hydrological, geological, vegetation or impervious information, L8GENESIS is the fastest and easiest way to integrate the power of remote sensing into your product. The L8GENESIS GeoService provides you with advanced industry expertise at your fingertips.
Regardless in which field you are working, L8GENESIS provides you with a big variety of insightful indices that will help you make the right decisions for your business. For example: The indicators for mineralogical content can give you quick info for your mining and construction projects. Soil degradations and vegetation indicators can support your land planning projects efficiently on medium and large areas.
L8GENESIS represents nearly a decade of cutting edge research in multispectral and thermal satellite imagery analysis, it is based on scientifically proven algorithms and Exogenesis professional experience in the earth observation industry.
The Landsat-8 data provide unparalleled information. L8GENESIS indices reveal this information and make it available for everyone - reliable and at low costs:
- Automated Landsat-8 data preprocessing
- Automated Landsat-8 data calibration
- Automated Landsat-8 data transforms
- Automated Standard Index generation
- Automated Advanced Index generation
- Nearly 100 indices across 4 phenomenology domains
Exogenesis has developed a comprehensive body of useful Landsat-8 indices. They are organized into four distinct phenomenology domains and divided into two catalogues, the L8GENESIS Standard Indices and the L8GENESIS Advanced Indices catalogue. The L8GENESIS Standard Indices present widely vetted industry indices with multifold improvements by Exogenesis. The L8GENESIS Advanced Indices comprehend a large selection of complex spectral indices, many of which are developed by Exogenesis and are first of their kind in the market.
Before standard or advanced Indices can be derived from Landsat-8 imagery, the L8GENESIS Foundation package is executed to layer stack and calibrate the images to radiance, reflectance and temperature and to perform transformations on MSI Reflectance.
- The Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) quantifies plant “greenness” or photosynthetic activity, and is one of the most commonly used and best understood vegetation indices.
- The Normalized Difference Water Index (NDWI) detects open water features such as rivers, lakes, and oceans while suppressing noise from other feature classes. The NDWI is one of the most commonly used and best understood water indices. Hydrological indices are based on the observation that different surfaces reflect different types of light in different ways. Bodies of water, in particular, transmit most of the blue and green light incident upon them while absorbing much of the near infrared light incident upon them.
- The Normalized Difference Built Up Index (NDBUI) delineates manmade impervious surfaces from natural surfaces such as bodies of water, soil, vegetation and bare rock. The NDBUI is one of the most commonly used and best understood impervious surface indices. Impervious surface indices are based on the observation that manmade materials such as concrete, asphalt, metals and paints often reflect a great deal of light, have uniform albedo, and few diagnostic absorption features.
- The MFMRI is one of the most commonly used and best understood geologic indices. Geologic indices are based on the observation that different minerals, based on color, electronic and vibration processes, and molecular structure absorb, reflect and emit light differently.
Configure and order
- Select data: Select your imagery from the CloudEO catalogue.
- Phenomenology: Choose between the different options for each topic. The advanced indices also include the respective standard indices. Find more details in the brochure.
- Always included: You will always receive the Foundation package which includes calibrations, transformations and composites.
- Remarks: Insert here any questions or comments.
- During the beta phase the advanced indices are not available.